The MRN is again postponing the complete reopening of certain facilities
LANSING, Mich. (WLUC) – The Michigan Department of Natural Resources customer service centers and some field offices will remain open to the public three days a week – Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays – until at least October 31.
The three-day schedule for these facilities has been in place since July 20. Offices were scheduled to reopen to the public five days a week after Labor Day, ahead of new coronavirus advisories and recommendations.
The date for the full reopening of these facilities has been postponed, with the evolution of the coronavirus, from September 7 to October 4 to now, at least October 31.
Affected customer service centers include:
- Bay City,
- Sault Ste. Married
- Cross the city
These MNR offices sell hunting and fishing licenses and firewood permits and answer questions about hunting and fishing regulations, trails and many other outdoor recreation topics. Residents and visitors frequently stop at these locations while traveling in Michigan.
Firewood cutting permits, provided at MNR customer service centers, are free and downloadable for this season.
Additional opening dates, information
- Headquarters buildings in Michigan State Parks and state-run recreation areas and ports are open.
- Michigan History Center Museums and Historic Sites vary by location. The Michigan Iron Industry Museum in Negaunee is open Wednesday through Sunday (9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.), while the flagship Michigan History Museum in Lansing is open on weekends (Fridays / Saturdays from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). 4 p.m. and Sundays from 1 to 5 p.m.) and by appointment for groups from Monday to Thursday. The Mann House and Tawas Point Lighthouse are closed for the 2021 season.
- Michigan Archives is open by appointment Monday to Friday (1 p.m. to 5 p.m.) and Saturday (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.). Staff also continue to provide referral services by phone and email.
- The state of Michigan has adopted a mask mandate for the Michigan Library and Historic Center building, which houses the Michigan Museum of History and the Michigan Archives. All visitors must wear masks when in these spaces.
- At Beautiful island In Detroit, the Anna Scripps Whitcomb Conservatory is now open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Sunday. The Belle Isle Aquarium (operated by the Belle Isle Conservancy) is open to the public from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday through Sunday. The Casino and the Flynn Lodge are available for rental. Please contact the Belle Isle administrative office at 313-821-9844.
- All DNR shooting ranges are open. Check each cook’s web page for dates and hours of operation.
- The Outdoor adventure center in Detroit is closed until Thursday, September 30 for annual maintenance, upgrades and repairs. It will reopen on Friday October 1.
- Check the information on MNR hatcheries and weirs.
Copyright 2021 WLUC. All rights reserved.